Monday, December 21, 2009

#2 Phase 2 of work up

So I haven't left the house all day. Why? Because I am in the middle of a 24 hour urine collection for my Paired Donation work up. Tomorrow I will be at the hosptial all day. I have to turn in my urine sample tomorrow morning. Then I believe I am having a CT Scan, Angiogram, lots of blood work and meeting with a Kidney Transplant Coordinator and Social Worker. I am excited to get the ball rolling, but I am also nervous. I guess this whole thing is becoming really real.

Mom isn't doing well today. Although she did go to dialysis today. She is constantly itching like I mentioned in the previous blog. It's driving her crazy. They tried giving her some charcoal stuff, but it isn't helping at all. She had a very large MOHS surgery 4 days ago on her shin. It went to the bone. She is in a large amount of pain. She can't go up and down the stairs. I watched her come down on her butt the other day it was quite sad. She gets very tired doing even the littlest things. Every year we put up Christmas decorations together. This year she was winded and tired, huffing and itching. She'd hang three ornaments and then have to sit down. I did most of the decorating this year. I think it depressed us both a little bit. I had to leave the room a couple times. Tomorrow she has to go back to the doctor, she has no appointment, but she needs to go. She gets special priveleges cause she's awesome like that. The doctor even named the new addition of his office after her. ;-). Her leg reminds me of the elephant man right now. It is so red and swollen. She is in severe pain and cant get comfortable. We'll see what he says tomorrow. I will update tomorrow after I get done at the hospital.

My brother, sister, and their two kids are coming in town tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! I hope this isn't the last Christmas as a complete family. All I want for Christmas is for my mom's suffering to cease and for a transplant to take place. I think the family who hasn't seen her in a while will be quite shocked seeing the condition she is in. This holiday season has proven to be quite a emotional one for me, and it's about to really get emotional over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment