Friday, February 11, 2011

#25 One Month Anniversary

Today is the one month anniversary of Fred's arrival into our family.  Wow it's amazing to see what all has transpired over the last two months.  I am happy to report that everyone is doing pretty good.  There is still healing going on on both sides.  The Donor, is doing pretty well, but still isn't back to 100% presurgery.  He still gets tired a bit easily, and just doesn't quite have all him oommppfff back yet.
Mom is doing miraculous and already has her first trip planned for the end of April.  She still is urinating every 45 minutes, which bugs her at night.  But she is not complaining about it.  Her incision still is quite tender and still healing.  She says it feeling better but still very sore.  She is doing quite a lot around the house.  She's back to cooking and cleaning, stuff she enjoys doing.  It's not like my dad is being a jerk and backing off or anything like that lol.  He helps too, (not the cooking part, he'd likely accidentally poison mom if he did that).
We are all looking forward to visiting my brother, sister and kids.  I also am looking forward to this gourmet meal my mom is going to cook her donor one of these days.  mmmmm  I hope I am invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment