Tuesday, January 11, 2011

#17 Under the Knife

It was soooooo hard to get to the hospital today.  Living on top of a 3 mile HUGE hill doesn't help when there is 2 inches of snow and a torrential downpour of snow still coming.  It took me about 1 hour to go 2 miles, and I cried in the car when I got stuck on a tiny hill.  But I did make it, and with plenty of time.  Surgery got started late, Mr R got started around 10am, and they started my mother around 11:30.  After about 4 hours, the surgery was completed.  So, I guess you'd like a report.  Mom and donor are both doing well, and mom has already started to produce that "Yellow Gold" known as urine!!!

The first 24 hours are the most important, then followed by a week, and then a year!!  This is when the Kidney might be rejected, but each day that goes by, the better the chances.  I have not had the chance to see mom, and Mrs R is visiting her husband.  I think I shall walk back soon to see how they are doing, but wanted to wait so they can have some privacy.

Everyone is so excited and happy that everything is looking great.  I will be posting more soon.

3 comments:

  1. Liz and Keith, so happy all has gone well today. Dad just called after talking to Aunt Mary and immediately called me. We've had you guys in our thoughts. I so appreciate you all keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the updates. I work at Liberty Norwood and your mom has been a blessing to me and my family, 2 weeks from today I will be donating a kidney to my father and your mom has been very inspirational to me and my family, God Bless all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, anonymous is Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete